Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Retail therapy!

During this building process, I have obviously given some thought as to how I will furnish the house. Up until now I had decided to wait a while before getting a lounge suite for a variety of reasons, so it certainly wasn't on the top of my shopping list. However, after doing a lot of window shopping (online mostly) I had a very clear idea of what I liked and wanted eventually. The problem was that the lounge suite that I really loved was over $6,500 (Harvey Norman) and I felt that this was a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a lounge suite! As such, a lounge suite was not a priority and was put in the 'Later' basket, until I went and (stupidly?) had a browse at SuperAmart yesterday!

As stated before, I usually don't love 'öff the floor' furniture, however, when it comes to lounges, it is a bit difficult to 're-purpose' a lounge suite. I am definitely about comfort when it comes to lounge suites - big soft, comfortable, luxurious etc. etc. etc. My parents have a couple of amazing leather recliners and I LOVE THEM! I have never had a recliner before but after experiencing theirs, I decided that I wanted one! I also like lounges that you can actually lounge/sleep/watch movies etc. on!! 


I have very specific tastes and I didn't really think that I would find something that ticked all the boxes at a reasonable price....I don't like black, brown, red or white and I wanted 100% leather (not leather only on the seats) and I wanted it for a reasonable price!! Too much to ask? Probably! 


Walking in to SuperAmart I walked past lots of lounge suites that didn't interest me at all. Then I saw a lovely caramel coloured one that peaked my interest. It looked like leather, had a recliner & a chaise and was a beautiful soft, natural colour. When I looked at it I thought, well it looks nice but I bet it's uncomfortable because it couldn't possible tick all the boxes........however, after sitting on it, it definitely ticked the 'comfortable' box! 


100% corrected grain leather

recliner
chaise
high density foam seating cushions + a pocket spring core
dacron stuffed back cushions
lumbar support
10 year structural foam and foundation warranty
3 year leather warranty
Leather Doctor care system
...and it was on sale too!!!!!!!! it turns out that this is a discontinued line and that there is only 2 left in Victoria. I was SOLD. 
Whilst I understand that this is not a '$6,500 lounge suite'...for me, it's pretty close! 
Sebel Corner Leather Lounge with Chaise & Recliner $3,599 (reduced from $4,449)

Obviously, when you purchase a lounge suite, you have to get a floor rug to match! The dilemma I've had in considering purchasing a floor rug is that for an authentic (not polyester) one it can cost thousands. I decided that I'd rather a smaller, good quality rug, rather than a larger, poorer quality one. As such, I've purchased a smaller, handmade wool dhurrie rug, made in India (see below). Hopefully it will look nice on the laminated floor in the Living area.


Chalet Circles rug. 160cm x 230cm $299







No comments:

Post a Comment