Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 March 2015

Lock up Completed - 25 March 2015

So, things are moving along, with a few ups and down, as follows.....

Our new (2nd) Site Supervisor 'M' "no longer works for Carlisle Homes" and our new (2nd) Client Liaison Executive 'A' has also mysteriously disappeared with no explanation. I only found this out after trying to call her for 5 days and leaving messages without getting a response. I eventually requested to speak to her Supervisor 'D' who then advised me that 'A' will no longer be our CLE! Not feeling the love Carlisle! This translates to not feeling that our build is in safe hands at all. At this stage, our build is being 'overseen' by the Construction Manager 'S' (who I had a disappointing meeting with last week when I met 'M') and Team Leader 'D' at Head Office. The concern I have about this is 1. there is obviously some major staffing issues at Carlisle, 2. we haven't established any kind of rapport with these people, 3. we don't have dedicated people on our build, either on site or at head office, and, 4. both of these people have other responsibilities (managing other staff who manage hundreds of builds), which I fear will take precedence over our build. I feel that Carlisle Homes are not living up to their widely advertised claim that they are "No. 1 for Customer Service''!!!! Seriously, don't think so!

At last weeks meeting with SS 'M', Construction Manager 'S' also attended (I didn't know who he was at the time as he didn't introduce himself - he was just there). Whenever I asked 'M' a question, 'S' spoke over the top of him and answered everything on his behalf, unsatisfactorily in my opinion. In building a home, there are specific stages that occur along the way. These are dictated by an independent governing body and when each stage is completed, the client (us) is then invoiced a certain percentage of the total build cost (usually $40-$50k each stage). It is then our responsibility to authorise this invoice for the bank to pay. We have been told along the way not to pay an invoice until that stage is definitely complete. When I met with 'M' and 'S' last week, I asked when Lock up would be completed and was told by 'S' that we were "way past lock up''. I was aware that part of the Lock up stage included all brickwork to be completed, and to be standing next to our house with the brickwork clearly not complete and being told that we were "way past lock up" was a joke. Really? The condescending attitude that this information was delivered wasn't very 'customer' friendly, and this, along with his arrogance and rudeness made me feel distrustful of this man. I decided there and then that I wouldn't deal with him again. Now it seems I don't have a choice.

On Wed 25 Mar 2015 we received an invoice for Lock up completion. My son had been to the house a couple of days prior and saw that the brickwork at that stage was nearly done, so we paid the invoice.

Front portico

Front of house

Front of house

Front of house

Front & side of house

Front & side

Front (Master) window sills

Front of house

Rear of house

Rear of house

Rear side of house

Front door (won't stay yellow!)



3 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your brick! It's Boral Mannagum yes? Do you know how much it was to upgrade or what catagory it was? Thanks! Love your blog. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, Thanks! Yes the bricks are Boral Mannagum and they didn't cost any more to upgrade as they were a Category 1 brick with Carlisle. Only Cat 2+ cost more which funnily enough I didn't like as much as the Mannagum. Are you building? Cheers

      Delete
  2. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Pest Inspection Sydney

    ReplyDelete