Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 February 2015

Patience is a virtue...

When the slab went down (23 Jan 2015) we were told that the build would move very quickly from then on. Without definitive dates, this meant that my imagination got the better of me and I was dreaming of moving into our new house in a couple of months. Unrealistic as that may have been, every time Head Office told me that it would be a 'quick build', my unrealistic expectations were confirmed. Head Office also advised me that the frame would be up last week, but that didn't happen.

Last week (Wed 4 Feb 2015), my son & I met with our Site Supervisor 'D' for the first time and he advised us that the frame would be started Monday this week (Mon 9 Feb 2015) but when I drove up to the block on Tuesday, that hadn't happened either. Not sure when the frame will be built, but rest assured, that'll be the last time I believe the builder in regards to dates & timeframes etc.

SS 'D' seems like a down to earth bloke who gave us a much more realistic build timeframe ie 4 1/2 months from now (which was last week). Whilst that seems like a long time, I guess my preference is that they have the time they need to build us a great house without having to take any shortcuts. If the last couple of weeks of broken start dates is any indication, I guess I just have to realise that there will be delays, that we probably won't be advised of them, and that I just have to learn to be patient. Easier said than done!

It has been nearly 12 months since we signed the first sale contract with Carlisle Homes and it has felt like a very long year to get to this point. I am anxious to get to handover without too many more issues. I think that patience will be key to getting through this build reasonably stress free! We'll see how we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment