Total Pageviews

Monday 12 October 2015

A Very, Very Overdue Update!


Well, firstly, my apologies for not updating prior to this!! When we were building I hated reading other people’s blogs only to find that once they moved in to the house there were no more updates!! I certainly understand the time restrictions once you have moved in – there is sooo much to do, but I understand fully that it is nice to see the progress after moving in!

New homes are great, but they are a bit ‘soul’ less. White walls, no personality etc. So, what was the first thing I installed in our new house to make it a home? A puppy!!!!!!! We welcomed little Caddie, a chocolate labrador, into our new home 2 days after moving in and she certainly christened it for us!

Anyway, our move went well on 30 June 2015 and we’ve now been in the house for just over 4 months! How time flies when you move in to a new house.

We have obviously done lots of things inside and out, but we are certainly a long way from having finished everything at this stage. Everything costs time and money and we have to ‘budget’ for everything and do things in stages. 

Here are some pics of our progress outside, from the day we picked up our keys. I promise I will post updated pics of inside soon (?). There are still a few things I want to do before I take photos, but here are some pics of the outside. 

Before - Day we collected the keys
Before - Day we collected the keys




My son built our fences. 




My wonderful friends J&A came and helped me by building
                               the front pathway to the front door. 

























Yesterday I finally completed the garden bed between the driveway and the front path. I have planted Yellow Kangaroo Paw in this garden bed whilst in the beds either side of the path is Liriopes. We also planted our first tree - a Mt. Fuji Flowering Cherry Tree. We planted this outside the front bedroom in the hopes that it will one day provide some shade over the front windows. 
































4 comments:

  1. Looking good! Congratulations on your new little puppy, he looks adorable.
    Love getting updates on peoples homes post-handover, so don't forget to post some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate. Now that things have calmed down a bit I will endeavour to update a bit more often! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It look great Steph, Well done it all takes time to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I will add bits and pieces each week in the hope that I can get most plants established before the heat.

    ReplyDelete